Monday, April 11, 2011

Our First Nłeʔkepmxcinm Group Chat

by Ella-Jo Bolan on Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 11:15pm
 You 9:50pm
  • hen̓łeʔ kʷ :)
Tim Patterson
  • hen̓łeʔ kʷ
You
  • ʔesxəqus nke ʔex ske k sqʷintem "hen̓łeʔ kp nək̓ʷnuk̓ʷeʔ" :)
  • (we shuda said hello to eryone) ?niłm̓
  • humeł
Tim Patterson
  • swét heʔ skíxzeʔ (who is your mom?)
You
  • Nk̓ʷəłekn ł nskixzeʔ, tuł he asxʷemxʷem nweyc he ƛ̓ʔek us (aka amelia washington) from Nooaitch
Deloris Charters
  • hey
Chrissy Isaac
  • hey
Deloris Charters
  • cool, that is pretty cool nlekepmcin
You
  • hen̓łeʔ kʷ nk̓seytkn <3
Tim Patterson
  • hen̓łeʔ kʷ
You
  • hen̓łeʔ kp
  • nexʷum̓ y‘e!!!!!!
  • (its really good)
Deloris Charters
  • yaya
Sharon Linda Mae Antoine
  • who is this putting this on? my page?
Chrissy Isaac
  • well i'm off to bed, gn, back to school tomorrow
Deloris Charters
  • k, good night cuz..
You
  • lol qʷintene ł seytknmx (who signed up for nłeʔkepmxcinm page, gets the msgs from the chat)
Sharon Linda Mae Antoine
  • oh ok
You
  • y̓e us keʔ sʕʷoy̓t (good sleep to u)
Sharon Linda Mae Antoine
  • humel
Chrissy Isaac
  • ty same 2 u 2
You
  • humeł
  • y̓e kʷn̓ ƛ̓uʔ Sharon?
Sharon Linda Mae Antoine
  • sta?
You
  • how are you :)
  • y̓e kp n̓ ƛ̓uʔ (how are you all?)
Sharon Linda Mae Antoine
  • ye ah, a we? i am fine and you i can understand but do not know how to write?
You
  • humeł, xʷuy̓ sc̓oqʷtene (both?) nʔeye (ok, I try to write both :) here)
Sharon Linda Mae Antoine
  • ok
You
  • mestene (I try it)
Sharon Linda Mae Antoine
  • you are doing awesome
You
  • (practicing)
  • kʷukʷscemxʷ (thx u)
Sharon Linda Mae Antoine
  • thats good, becasue if we don''t practice then it can be gone so fast nish't
You
  • heʔay
Sharon Linda Mae Antoine
  • ne thrum
  • forgive me i am using my tongue and lips trying to find the words
You
  • (worry) kn, teʔe k swet xʷuy̓ qʷintene he wn qəłmin....(I worry I won̓t have anyone to speak w/ when I am an elder) idk all words :(
Mechelle Pierre
  • a whee
Sharon Linda Mae Antoine
  • i so love listening to my husband speak the language with his peers i can understand the words they are sharing but i am like a child when it comes to speaking
You
  • mestene I just try, nceweʔ ʔeł ƛ̓uʔ (me too) qʷintene c‘iʔ us he skoze (I talk like a baby) (
Sharon Linda Mae Antoine
  • he makes me say the words over and over real slow and then tels me to say it fast
You
  • teʔe k sxəkstene tekm tk steʔ ?(idk everything, )
  • woah!
  • fun
  • xʷoxʷstmne k sxəkstene xʷʔit (I want to know lots more)
Sharon Linda Mae Antoine
  • that is so good
  • i am proud of you that you are keeping the language alive
You
  • kʷukʷscemxʷ <3
  • I want 2 do so much more...
  • I remember goin up 2 my frenz in highschool n saying hen̓łeʔ kp, and getting laffed at... :( prolly less of a laff at me than a nervous idk wut to say typa deal?
  • xʷuy̓ xʷuy̓ceʔ Nłeʔkepmxcinm he seytknmx he piʔesq̓t us (one day again the people will speak Nłeʔkepmxcin)
Mechelle Pierre
  • hee ah ha n shwawt.
You
  • keʔe k sy̓es łeʔ sxʷewk̓ʷ ? (does your heart feel good?)
  • keʔe k sqʷincemxʷ (did you tell me that?)
Mechelle Pierre
  • ha ay.
You
  • oh, humeł, nceweʔ ʔeł ƛ̓uʔ (oh ok, me too <3)
  • nam̓ y̓e he nsxʷewkʷ wn wikne ł seytknmx ʔex Nłeʔkepmxcinm (my <3 feels good when I see ppl using language)
Deloris Charters
  • oh, humeł, nceweʔ ʔeł ƛ̓uʔ... me too
  • i learn by watching...
You
  • y̓e te swikcn nʔeye ł nsqʷəqʷzeʔ (good to see you here cuz)
Deloris Charters
  • :)
You
  • cimeł he wikne te sqʷintem nʔeye (first time i saw (us talk) ...a group chat here :) )
  • whooooooo! (whoo! lol) cunwen̓təm (we did it)yay nmimł (us) !
Deloris Charters
  • whooo
You
  • kinda momentous in a small way,(I have no idea how to say that in Nłeʔkepmxcin)
  • humeł nək̓ʷnuk̓ʷeʔ xʷuy̓ xʷuy̓ceʔ k sqʷincut tk snənse (ok/good bye friends, we will talk again later)
I am just so exstatic over this, I know I posted it on my facebook.. but I thought omg how STELLAR... haha I know its quite a task to write, and speak Nłeʔkepmxcin.  Some people, through my experience as a teacher for four years, they learn differently, and at different paces! I strive to encourage people, this has been my contract to myself. "I am a proud woman encouraging and inspiring others."

I hope to inspire more to do the same, use language, and don't take it personal if you get corrected.  No one is perfect:  Its a new thing to write our language.  Also, take it easy in critisizm, some people are soft hearted as it really is a stretch to put yourself out there and say take me as I am, listen to what I have to say, help me, teach me.

humeł

No comments:

Post a Comment